Important Risk Warnings:
Advice in Gold Stock Fortunes does not constitute a personal recommendation. Any recommendation should be considered in relation to your own circumstances. Before investing you should consider carefully the risks involved, including those described below. If you have any doubt as to suitability or taxation implications, seek independent financial advice.
General – Your capital is at risk when you invest, never risk more than you can afford to lose. Past performance and forecasts are not reliable indicators of future results. Bid/offer spreads, commissions, fees and other charges can reduce returns from investments. There is no guarantee dividends will be paid.
Small cap shares - Shares recommended may be small company shares. These can be relatively illiquid meaning they are hard to trade and can have a large bid/offer spread. If you need to sell soon after you bought, you might get back less that you paid. This makes them riskier than other investments.
Taxation - Profits from share dealing are a form of capital gain and subject to taxation. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate certain activities, including the buying and selling of commodities such as gold. This means that you will not have the protection of the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Investment Director: Nick Hubble. Editors or contributors may have an interest in shares recommended. Information and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of other editors/contributors of Southbank Investment Research Limited. Full details of our complaints procedure and terms and conditions can be found at, www.southbankresearch.com.
Gold Stock Fortunes contains regulated content and is issued by Southbank Investment Research Limited.
Registered in England and Wales No 9539630. VAT No GB629728794. Registered Office: 2nd Floor, Crowne House, 56-58 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1UN.
Southbank Investment Research Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No 706697. https://register.fca.org.uk/.
© 2021 Southbank Investment Research Limited.
Gold Stock Fortunes performance since inception: 2019 +26.85% / 2020 24.21%
- Price data taken from Gold.co.uk, LBMA and Morningstar.
- “Why negative interest rates wouldn’t help the UK economy.” Prospect Magazine, 29/10/2020.
- “The beginning of the end of the American Empire?” Five Pillars, 21/01/2021.
- “Don’t overplay the dollar’s decline in 2021.” Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum, 05/01/2021.
- “Silver and Gold Should Be Hedges Against Uncertainty, Not an Investment.” Real Money, 12/08/2020.
- “All that glitters: 2021 worst start to year for gold since 1991.” Al Jazeera, 19/02/2021.
- “Gold price sees worst start to the year in 4 decades, what's next?” Kitco News, 02/04/2021.
- “Is the gold story over? This is what Bullion Vault’s Adrian Ash has to say.” The Economic Times, 05/03/2021.
- “Tax Proposals Contained in the President's New Economic Policy: Hearings, Ninety-second Congress, First Session.” U.S. Government Printing Office, 1971. Accessed 27/04/2021.
- “1973: The end of Bretton Woods.” Bundesbank, 14/10/2013.
- “Seventy years after: The final collapse of the gold standard in September 1936.” Swiss National Bank, 15/12/2000.
- “Techs reflect on decade since dotcom boom.” The Financial Times, 09/03/2010.
- “FTSE 100 hits five-year low as world stockmarkets slump again” The Guardian, 16/10/2008.
- “Financial crisis: Worst FTSE falls in history.” The Telegraph, 09/10/2008.
- “U.K. hit with worst recession in 300 years as country grapples with mutated COVID-19 strain” CBS News, 26/10/2020.
- “COVID-19 to Plunge Global Economy into Worst Recession since World War II” The World Bank, 08/06/2020.
- “Total stimulus for the COVID-19 crisis already triple that for the entire 2008–09 recession.” McKinsey & Company, 11/06/2020.
- “The global economic bailout is running at $19.5 trillion. It will go higher” CNN, 17/11/2020.
- “California Gold Rush.” History.com, 16/04/2021.
- “8 Things You May Not Know About the California Gold Rush.” History.com, 31/08/2018.
- “Zero Hour Alert: The Brexit Boom Portfolio.” Southbank Investment Research, October 2019.
- “Who are you really: An Appeaser, an apologist, or an agitator?” The Fleet Street Letter Monthly Alert, Southbank Investment Research. January 2020.
- “Uighurs: Western countries sanction China over rights abuses.” BBC, 22/03/2021.
- “Escaping the financial system: A survival guide.” The Fleet Street Letter Monthly Alert, Southbank Investment Research. Accessed 27/04/2021.
- “How to survive the icy depths of sub-zero interest rates in the UK.” The Fleet Street Letter Monthly Alert, Southbank Investment Research. June 2020.
- “The Road to Ruin: The global elite’s secret plan for the next financial crisis.” James Rickards, 15/11/2016.
- “Nick Barisheff: US$10,000 Gold? Here’s How it Could Happen.” Investing News, 20/10/2020.
- “The Golden Revolution: How to Prepare for the Coming Global Gold Standard.” John Butler, 10/04/2012.
- “Family offices turn to cash and gold during pandemic, UBS says.” S&P Global Market Intelligence, 16/07/2020.
- “Bridgewater hedge fund boosts gold ETF investment to over $1 billion.” Reuters, 13/08/2020.
- “Central banks on gold buying spree again? Hungary triples gold reserves.” Kitco News, 08/04/2021.
- “Hungary Tripled Gold Reserves asCentral Banks Turn Buyers Again.” Bloomberg, 07/04/2021.
- “World's ultra-wealthy go for gold amid stimulus bonanza.” Reuters, 18/06/2020.
- “Billionaire investor Jeffrey Gundlach predicts gold prices will 'go much higher' in the long-term.” Yahoo!Finance, 12/08/2020.
- “Billionaire Ray Dalio's Bridgewater fund poured almosthalf a billion dollars into gold in Q2.” Business Insider, 13/08/2020.
- “Hang onto your gold miners – this boom has further to go.” MoneyWeek, 15/07/2020.
- “Top Gold Stocks for 2021.” Seeking Alpha, 17/12/2020.
- “Biden’s Gold Boom: Why the Yellow Metal Could Fly in 2021.” Oilprice.com, 08/04/2021.
- “Dan Denning.” Rogue Economics, accessed 28/04/2021.
- “Shae Russell”, FatTail Media, 09/04/2017.
- “Gold – John Butler,” Real Vision, 14/01/2016.
- “John Butler,” Macro Hive, undated. Accessed 28/04/2021.
- “2 and 20 (Hedge fund fees)” Corporate Finance Institute, undated. Accessed 28/04/2021.
- “Can you invest in hedge funds?” Investopedia, 29/01/2021.
- “Peter Schiff and Jim Rickards: $15,000 Gold?” Schiff Gold, 05/08/2020.
- “Gold Forecast – How gold prices could exceed $10,000.” FX Empire, 04/10/2020.