Important Risk Warnings:
Before investing you should consider carefully the risks involved, including those described below. If you have any doubt as to suitability or taxation implications, seek independent financial advice.
General - Your capital is at risk when you invest, never risk more than you can afford to lose. Past performance and forecasts are not reliable indicators of future results. There is no guarantee dividends will be paid. Bid/offer spreads, commissions, fees and other charges can reduce returns from investments.
Overseas shares - Some recommendations may be denominated in a currency other than sterling. The return from these may increase or decrease as a result of currency fluctuations. Any dividends will be taxed at source in the country of issue.
Funds – Fund performance relies on the performance of the underlying investments, and there is counterparty default risk which could result in a loss not represented by the underlying investment. Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) with derivative exposure (leveraged or inverted ETFs) are highly speculative and are not suitable for risk-averse investors.
Bonds – Investing in bonds carries interest rate risk. A bondholder has committed to receiving a fixed rate of return for a fixed period. If the market interest rate rises from the date of the bond's purchase, the bond's price will fall. There is also the risk that the bond issuer could default on their obligations to pay interest as scheduled, or to repay capital at the maturity of the bond.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate certain activities, including the buying and selling of commodities such as gold, and investments in cryptocurrencies. This means that you will not have the protection of the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Taxation – Profits from investments, and any profits from converting cryptocurrency back into fiat currency is subject to capital gains tax. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change.
Investment Director: Boaz Shoshan. Chief Strategist: Nick Hubble. Editors or contributors may have an interest in shares recommended. Information and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of other editors/contributors of Southbank Investment Research Limited. Full details of our complaints procedure and terms and conditions can be found on our website www.southbankresearch.com.
Zero Hour Alert is issued by Southbank Investment Research Limited. Registered in England and Wales No 9539630. VAT No GB629 7287 94. Registered Office: 2nd Floor, Crowne House, 56-58 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1UN.
Southbank Investment Research is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No 706697. https://register.fca.org.uk/.
© 2018 Southbank Investment Research Ltd.
(1) "The Euro Trap: On Bursting Bubbles, Budgets, and Beliefs" by Hans-Werner Sinn, 31/07/2014
(2) "The problem with Europe is the euro", The Guardian, 10/08/2016
(3) "Nobel economics prize winner: The euro was a mistake", Euractiv, 09/12/2016
(4) "Living conditions in Europe - poverty and social exclusion", Europa.eu, 11/2017
(5) "27.10.2015, Social Justice Index: European economic and debt crisis: Children and young people are hardest hit", Bertelsmann Stiftung, 27/10/2015
(6) "For Greece's austerity-hit elderly, bailout "will never end", Reuters, 17/08/2018
(7) "A far-right Italian leader wants to take a Trump upset to Italy on Sunday", Washington Post, 03/12/2016
(8) "From 6th August to 16th August 2016, a sculpture exhibition at Berlin Hauptbahnhof, main train station, called Die Wölfe sind zurück? The Wolves are back?", Alamy, 07/08/2016
(9) "Far-right party wins seats in German parliament for first time in decades", CNN, 25/09/2017
(10) "German interior minister: AfD is highly dangerous", Politico, 14/09/2018
(11) "Alternative for Deutschland (AfD) A New Actor in the German Party System", Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, 03/2014
(12) "EU SHOCK: Victims of Euro' Germany could SINK bloc by 'relaunching DEUTSCHMARK'", The Express, 16/08/2018
(13) "Euro is a 'knife in the ribs' of the French says Le Pen", Reuters, 02/04/2017
(14) "Marine Le Pen says French people will have francs in their pocket instead of euros within two years", The Independent, 02/05/2017
(15) "Viktor Orban is Europe’s enemy within", Financial Times, 10/04/2017
(16) "Hungarian leader says Europe is now 'under invasion' by migrants", The Guardian, 15/03/2018
(17) "The Observer view on the EU’s eastern bloc", The Guardian, 07/10/2018
(18) "Euroscepticism MAPPED: Five countries threatening to ROCK the EU", The Express, 06/04/2018
(19) "The Continent-wide Rise of Euroscepticism", European Council on Foreign Relations, undated
(20) "Greece bailout ends - but belt-tightening not over", Sky News, 20/08/2018
(21) "EU says Greece can 'finally turn the page' as bailout ends", The Guardian, 20/08/2018
(22) "Greece was never bailed out ñ it remains locked in an EU debtor's prison", The Guardian, 26/08/2018
(23) "Italy's Salvini: Italy will not 'suffer same fate as Greece' - ANSA", FX Street, 08/10/2018
(24) "EU not Europe: Le Pen wants to break away from EU and move towards union of European Nations", RT World News, 17/09/2018
(25) "EU in CRISIS: Salvini issues ultimatum to Brussels - 'We'll FIRE you in six months!'" The Express, 07/10/2018
(26) "IMF puts total cost of crisis at £7.1 trillion", The Telegraph, 08/09/2009
(27) "Uncertainty in Italy helps knock £25 billion off FTSE 100", Independent Ireland, 29/05/2018